Wonder Woman armour base pieces are now assembled, and I've cut out the eagle design that's going to go around the top. Tomorrow I'll work on the bottom trim, and start on the armour detail itself if I have time.
I forgot to take pictures but I cut out the basic shapes for the lower trim this evening.
Tomorrow they'll get glued together and pinned to the dummy so that I can plan the armour detail.
Here's the lower trim all glued up. I'll pin it to the armour later today!
Here's the final trim. I'm going to mark the edges then unpin everything so I can clean up the main piece before detailing it.
Detail is all scored in. You likely can't see the cuts in this picture, but once I've hit it with the heat gun they'll open up to give an effect similar to the second picture.
All glued up! The armour is still pinned to the dummy for now while the contact cement cures overnight.
I have to trim some parts (esp. either side of the eagle's head) but after that it'll be time for some paint!
In the second photo you can also see the details now that I've given it a once over with the heat gun. After painting and weathering they'll look even more pronounced.
I've been making lots of progress on the costume, but I hit a snag last night.
I was going to paint everything using Krylon Colormaster, but after spraying a test piece I realized that it cracked like crazy when flexed 😧
Tonight I'm going to make an emergency trip to the art supply shop and pick up some heavy body acrylics that should stand up to flexing much better 🤞
A community of people who play video games together socially.